Aug 3, 2007

Still having fun in paradise. Yesterday I did my scuba refresher, and became acquainted with the resident prankster, Xavier. He's Spanish, but has been living in Tanzania for 10 years, and prior to that was working as an architect for Doctors Without Borders in Sierra Leone. Fascinating guy. He's a dive instructor now, and re-taught me how to not kill myself or anyone else when diving 100 feet below sea level. He also likes to throw his students in the pool, as I found out at the end of the lesson.

Today I went out on the dive boat and after a rousing bout of seasickness (managed to hold it together, much to the amusement of my divemaster, Saidi), I finally got off the cursed boat and into the water, where I felt much better. The conditions were a bit rough, but our second dive was absolutely lovely. I still haven't gotten around to getting my underwater camera case, so again, no pictures, but this is basically what I saw: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=scuba+diving&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Tomorrow and the next day more diving, and then back to Stonetown, the "capital" of Zanzibar.

No comments: