Jul 5, 2007

Also while at the Fair, I had a chance to go up in a little 4-person plane with our resident pilot, Cliff, along with Dru and Windy (fabulous campmates extraordinaire). We were the "take it easy on us" flight crew, since Dru gets airsick, I sometimes do, and Windy wasn't really into the idea of zero gravity. Cliff was very accommodating, and we all trundled off to the grass airstrip, about 10 minutes away from the fairgrounds.


Our pilot, Cliff


The fabulous flight crew.

We were pretty gung-ho at the beginning. I got to sit in front, which meant that I would also get to fly the plane for 5 seconds-a couple minutes, depending on how well I flew.



Dru and Windy were doing well in the back, until about halfway through the flight, when Dru started to get sick. Panic ensued as Windy and I tried to get her an airsick bag in time. They happened to be disguised as little blue envelopes, so we almost didn't make it before Dru yakked. I wasn't feeling so hot myself, so we asked Cliff to land the plane (with a slight tone of desperation).

All in all, a very cool experience, I got to fly for about 3 or 4 minutes, which was awesome. I did ask Cliff to take control of the plane back several times during those minutes, as I was totally terrified the whole time, but the important thing is that I didn't crash the plane :)


I'm flying!

No comments: